Skip to main content
(opens in a new tab)
La Galerie Going Green
Our Commitment To Implementing Proactive Measures To Help Protect Our Environment
- Ongoing staff education and awareness regarding environmentally friendly issues.
- Employees are encouraged to practice environmentally responsible behaviors outside of work
- Hotel wide philosophy of “reduce, re-use, recycle” when it comes to energy, water, and waste management.
- Ongoing and continuous improvement of our eco-friendly initiatives through regularly held staff meetings with our Green Team.
- Ongoing strategies to reduce energy and carbon footprint
- Factoring environmental considerations into purchasing decisions and strategies.
- The reduction in, and proper use and handling of, hazardous and toxic substances.
- Community involvement and support of environmental programs
- Energy-efficient lighting
- Digital thermostats in guestrooms
- Guest bathrooms have low flow showerheads
- Low flow toilets in guestrooms
- Guestrooms equipped with tap aerators
- High-efficiency windows in guestrooms
- Towel reuse program for guests
- Policy to consolidate occupied rooms or close floors when occupancy permits.
- Education of housekeeping to open/close curtains during seasons
- Education of housekeeping about energy reduction
- Recycling of fluorescent lightbulbs and printer cartridges
- The front desk provides walking maps and suggests guests walk or use public transportation
- Recycling program in administrative areas of the hotel including using scrap paper, double-sided printing, plastic, boxes, ink cartridges, turning used computers off.
- Use cloud sharing programs to communicate administrative reports and documents to reduce paper use.
- When possible, property donates linens and electronics to charities and shelters